About Me

My photo
"Now I live my life as not my own, but as an empty vessel to be used as God see's fit for His glory! "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

6/28 English Class

The McClain family left yesterday for the States for a month. It's going to be so different not having them here, and we're really going to miss them!

Don Victory praying over the McClains at Las Manos Del Alfarero


Natalie and I are now teaching the English class. I had done the class without Matt before, but I was a little nervous about planning what the kids were going to do and how well they would do.  But, by the grace of God, it was a great day.  We started off with a song, then Daniel and I explained to them how to play bingo.  We gave them little game boards that I made that had different body parts on it.  Then we had them draw a little card that had a picture of the parts of the body and they had to say it in English and find it on their boards. We had gone over body parts in the song, and they guessed a lot. But by the second Bingo game, the kids were all into it and kept wanting to play it. After a few games, Daniel decided that using Dennis works better then the little cards, so if the word was leg, he lifted poor Daniel up and had the kids say what it was. It was so funny! The second game we did I stole from AWANA's.  I remember when I was still helping out at AWANA's, they played this game where the leader would shout north or south and the kids would have to run to that wall, and the last one had to sit out.  I had the kids stand in a line facing me, and asked them which was the left side and the right side. Then I called out left or right and the kids would go running.  It was really fun mixing it up, like calling the other side before they all reached one so that they're constantly running.  It reminded me of gym class in high school... But the kids loved it! They kept wanting to play it over and over (these kids LOVE to run!). I don't think I've laughed so hard since I've been here watching the kids.  At one point, Gustavo (the little ball of fire) was running then stopped and laid down in the rocks. I feel accomplished ;)
"eyes and ears and mouth and nose, head shoulders knees and toes, knees and toes!"


Ivan and Edy



Left! Right! Left! Right!


Hokey Pokey

No comments:

Post a Comment