About Me

My photo
"Now I live my life as not my own, but as an empty vessel to be used as God see's fit for His glory! "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Witnessing in Tamarindo

This Saturday, Justine and I went out with Corrie and Eddy in Tamarindo.  We went to the beach then walked around looking for a surfboard for Corrie. At one shop, he got to talking with a man named Pablo. The conversation went from surfboards to Pablo advising Corrie how to pick up girls. But Corrie explained that he was a missionary and loves Jesus and doesn’t sleep aroudn with women. Then the man right away started talking about religion, how God is everywhere, and that if you are good you will go to heaven etc. I almost started laughing about how God turned that conversation around and provided an open door. Corrie and I jumped right in. We probably talked to him for a good half hour before he seemed to want to leave. But it was interesting the things that he said. He was talking about his ancestors preformed human sacrifices and how that was ok. After explaining that that was murder, he defended it saying that was the culture, and you can’t just go in and try to change the culture. I looked behind me and made eye contact with Justine at that point- here is a chance to live out practically something we specifically learned at the Ranch. After another 10 minutes or so, the conversation ended but Corrie told the man that he would take him out to lunch sometime and go surfing together. But it was encouraging to see the Holy Spirit work. I have the hardest time memorizing Scripture (which is no excuse for anyone), but as we talked to this man, it all came back. With each thing that he said, a verse (or at least something to say) would come to mind.  That was definitely God.
So please pray for Pablo and an open door for Corrie to speak into his life!God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. im definitely praying michaela im excited ot hear about how God is working!!!!!

    ReplyDelete