About Me

My photo
"Now I live my life as not my own, but as an empty vessel to be used as God see's fit for His glory! "But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God." Acts 20:24

Monday, July 18, 2011

do, re, mi, donkey, nacho!

Sorry I haven't been very good at keeping up at this. There's a lot of little things and I don't have enough time or patience to sit down and write it all out, so I'm sorry but I'm being lazy and doing bullet points. Here we go:

-sand dollar races with Justine (they don't go very fast in case you were wondering)

-We had a VBS and had a great turnout! It was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot new kids.  I love how easy it is to fall in love with these kids. Each day started with having two kids on each arm, one around my wait and 2 others on my legs. Hard to walk, yes, but that's not important :)
-Saturday we hung out with the team from Nevada.  I brought two guitars because one of the guys, Abraham, and I were going to play together. So we were in a restraunt eating dinner and the guitars were behind me.  A mariachi band came in, and I was very tempted to try and inconspicuously blend in and play with them.

-These are the days of creation according to Gabriel
day 1: burros
day 2: burros
day 3: burros
day 4: burros
day 5:burros
day 6: nachos
hmm...might need to work on this with him

-The kids just got down my name (kinda...as well as you can say "michaela" in spanish) and then they saw how my name is spelled when I wore a nametag for vbs. Now when they call me by name, it sounds like Mitchell because they shorten it and use "ch" instead of a "K" sound lol!
-Kristi is in the States and Alex has been out of town so Reiner has been playing keyboard. He didn't have any sheet music, only a list of songs and the key they were in. Except here sometimes (or maybe all the time, I guess this is the first time I've played with a Tico) instead of a scale from A-G, they use Do, Ti, Mi, La, Re etc. So he just would tell me "do" then "fa" etc. I tried to explain that that means absolutely nothing to me, but he just kept on going. Then the songs that I pulled from Pastor Phil's binder were all in a different key from what he was using so I'm trying to figure out what Reiner say is saying (he only speaks to me in Spanish now. I don't know, I guess he figured 4 months is plenty of time to become fluent in a foreign language?), while he's playing the songs, while trying to transpose in my head! I better be really stinkin good at guitar by the time I leave here! ;)

That's all I have for now, and I'll try to get pictures up soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment